Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch #1

Well, I was so disappointed when we didn’t make it out to a pumpkin patch last year. Bridget was such an itty bitty and I’m sure she had a runny nose or something that kept us from going (or was it weather that’s not still 80 degrees in October). Regardless, we finally got a chance to go this year and Jonathan’s family came with us. We got some great shots!

She wasn’t in the greatest of moods upon arrival, so I feared she was going to be in one of her new mindsets: no one can hold me but Mommy or Daddy and they must hold me the whole time though I’ll pretend I want to go down all the time…. IMG_8982

But we put her down and she ran right in on her own!

IMG_8983

…and found my favorite teen wizards (no time for Quidditch while you’re hunting pumpkins)!

IMG_8985

Then Daddy was sure to introduce her to his favorite Jedis…beware the Dark Side, Bridgey!IMG_8988 

Did you see Charlie Brown and Snoopy, Daddy?? IMG_8992 IMG_8994 

She was a little cautious about entering the Pumpkin House (notice her hands clasped together…when she does her version of “the snake” dance with her arms, that means she’s nervous):

IMG_8997 

But when she realized she could pick up any pumpkin she wanted, she was all over that sucka!

iPhone love 10-24 031

IMG_8999

Daddy! They really let you carry these guys!

IMG_9001  

Any more outside this shack?

IMG_9003

The Big Daddy…

IMG_9004 

Riding with Grandma :)

IMG_9007  

Back in the house…and we’ve obviously stumbled a bit already. She had a pretty dirty tush pretty fast!

IMG_9010 IMG_9011 iPhone love 10-24 030

Christina (Jonathan’s sister) and her two boys. Anthony is on the left and Noah is on the right. Such hams (or should I say pumpkin?)!

 IMG_9014 

Here’s me and the sweetums….love it! IMG_9016 

Of all the pumpkins in the patch…

 IMG_9018 

…she chose this beauty:

IMG_9020 IMG_9022

And then she was ready to head on down the dusty trail…

IMG_9023 

IMG_9025 IMG_9028 IMG_9030 

The boys were psyched about the hayride (so was I!):

 IMG_9032 IMG_9033  

The kids look too cute in this pic for me not to include it…yes, I’m aware I look awful. Blerg!

IMG_9037

Waving to Grandma and Grandpa!

IMG_9039 

It was fun!

 IMG_9043 

This was a REAL treee that had all these amazing characters carved into it…I was super impressed!IMG_9047 

How long has it been since you’ve been on one of these?! Notice Noah (in blue) gripping on for his dear life? The old school merry-go-round is just as you remember it: super fast, totally awesome, and way to dangerous for kids! The boys couldn’t stop talking about it during dinner, so I told them all about Fermin, the fastest kid in my class at Johnson Elementary, and how all the kids wanted Fermin to run with the merry-go-round during recess because he transformed it into a silver spinning scream fest of doom :)

IMG_9050

She needed Daddy’s help to take this pic, but I required it!

IMG_9051

Then, we met a familiar friend…IMG_9052  

…before we had to pack up and go to dinner. The boys got to ride with us, which Bridget thought was awesome!

 IMG_9059  

All in all we had a great time and I can’t wait to go again with friends later this week. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I love how Bridget saw the beauty in the pumpkin of her choice. :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a success...fun for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete