Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holiday Snapshots

 

A sampling of some of the fun things we did over the break:

 

Playing with her Duplo Nativity. I don’t know what it is about age 3, but MAN was she interested in Baby Jesus! Finally!

023

Waiting for her turn for a photo session:

026

Enjoying the Merry Main Street fireworks show in Frisco Square:

073

Visiting Santa at Willow Bend Mall. Falling snow and all!

102

Your guess is as good as mine on this one. At least it reflects the amount of silliness we enjoyed:

104

Her two favorite things to discuss this past Christmas – Baby Jesus & The Grinch. I’d consider our house pretty equal opportunity when it comes to exposure of stories, characters, etc…so though my excitement over her interest in the Nativity was much greater, I was so so so happy to share one of my favorite Christmas stories with her. She practically memorized the book…and THEN I introduced the MOVIE!

We spent some good time at the library:

110119116
Family book time:

 

125

Feeding the “chucks” at the duck pond:

133

More silliness! Wonder where she gets it from…

145148149

She’s WAY better at trombone that me:

154

Fun playdates with our BFs!

165

The crazy Christmas lights house! It’s about 5 minutes from us and I’m so thankful for this family tradition. A friend of mine commented on this pic that she used to take her kids when they were little. I just went to her daughter’s wedding last year! Hope the house is still going for years and years to come!

176

The first real frost of the season! Little did we know what was to come on Christmas Day…

178

Cookie decorating and holiday games at the library’s winter event:

186191194

Duh. Toffee making! I only wish I could have had time to make more. Same wish every year Smile

208

Second annual Nutcracker Party with my arts-loving lady pals. Can’t wait for next year! It might finally be the year that I get my you-know-what together and decide to take Bridget to see the real staged ballet…

216

Love all the memories enjoyed this past December. Now I just need to continue the joy and smiles throughout the upcoming months. No reason to save it just for holiday season, right?

1 comment:

  1. I bet Daddy was LOVING sharing his trombone with her!!!

    ReplyDelete