Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've Been Having An Affair...But Its Over!


It's true. I've been having a full-blown affair for the past 6 weeks and I'm finally able to say that its run its course. Has it affected my marriage? Yes. Has it affected my baby? Yes. Has it affected me? Duh! Thankfully, the whole house is happily moving on and enjoying our affair-free life once again.

Let me introduce you to what was the bane of my existence these past few weeks:

(I'm too tired to fix this stupid text right now)

Over 100 cases to read, analyze, organize, synthesize and prioritize in order to stay within the required limitations so I could create a little something that looks like this:




I guess its nice to see that not everyone despises this stuff :).

When I finally turned it in on Monday evening, this is what I came home to as my completion gift:


I had pretty much two straight weeks (including some of Spring Break) of staying up until past 3am working on this damn thing, all the while starting each day anew with a smile on my face for my sweet Bridget. Who knew the hours between 10pm-4am could actually be productive working hours? Shout out to my special pal who hooked me up with "staying up late candy", without which I would never have succeeded!

As hard as I tried not to involve Bridgey in this mess, she definitely grew weary of Mommy's absences (long nights at the library, as well as weekend visits whenever Daddy was available to stay home) as well as Mommy's short temper :). Somehow we both stuck it out to the end and enjoyed an amazing day of fun together this past Tuesday. And what would I have done without my amazingly supportive husband?! He is truly one-of-a-kind in his devotion and I never tell him enough how important he is to my life (gotta add that to my list...see below). Sure, all our lives get tough sometimes and we find ourselves tested to see just how far we can really be pushed. Thankfully, we can always look to the light to be reminded that peace is always in our future. Allow me to share a favorite quote that's helped me recently. Recognize it??

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkness of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."


Things I plan to do, now that my paper is finally complete (stream of conciousness order):

1. Spend more time with Bridget (check!)
2. Get a haircut
3. Get a mani/pedi
4. Update the blog (check!)
5. Take advantage of some photo discounts and make a photo book or two
6. See Hunger Games!
7. Go on a real date with my husband (maybe combine this with #6 - when he finishes!)
8. Send some Thank You cards
9. Sign B up for swim lessons and dance class
10. Sleep!!!
11. Visit some friends I haven't see in a while - mend those neglected relationships!
12. Get ready for Easter! I love Easter!
13. Repay some favors
14. Think about summertime :)
15. Give my man some thanks!










6 comments:

  1. You are wonder woman!! I would never be able to work that late esp if it involved reading...zzzzz. :) glad you are finished with that project, enjoy your time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished an amazing feat!!! WOW!!! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guess I'm behind the times! What were you working on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! You are a Super Mom! I'm so glad you got through that crazy time and are able to spend some R&R with you baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete