Saturday, March 3, 2012

Goodbye, Special Friends :(

mooseAndZee

Yes, I admit it. I am a mother that allows her child to watch TV. When I hear that doctors everywhere suggest parents limit their toddlers to less than 2 hours per day of media (TV, iAnything, computers, etc.), I don’t feel as bad. 2 hours is a lot!!! Anywayz…

This week, I was surprised to find out that two of my (yes, I said “my”) favorite characters on Nick Jr were suddenly “retired” in favor of a new format on the channel. Every show that B enjoys most are on Nick Jr (Dora, Olivia, Dora, Wonder Pets, Dora…) and I was so happy to see the educational tidbits that Moose A. Moose and Zee the bird added in between each program instead of horrible commercials.

Sadly, they were snatched away from us. So, no more monthly themes or fun holiday songs. Here’s a link to my all-time favorite Moose and Zee tune (and Jonathan’s too!):

I won’t get too bothered by this because in the end, it’s just TV. It still irks me, though. We’ll miss you, Moose and Zee! Just for you, I’ll be sure to keep the traditions of “Puzzle Time!”, “Shapes in Space!”, and “In Other Words”…but they won’t be the same without youSmile.

Now on to more pressing matters…finding a way prevent passing on my love for TV onto my child!

1 comment:

  1. I believe this is wrong. They shouldn't have retired. Moose A. Moose and Zee The Bird were two very special people. I am almost 14 I still watch all of this,just for Moose and Zee. They even took off my favorite show,The Upside Down Show,that's where I got my great imagination. It's a shame that they changed most of it. I wish they wouldn't have done anything. I have watched Moose A. Moose and Zee The Bird ever since I was a kid. I didn't even have to go to preschool because I learned everything I needed to know from Nick Jr. That is sad,now there is really no education.

    ReplyDelete