Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Love seein' friends!

Though the end of the school year is so busy already, I've been trying to find time to hang out with my mommy friends to help me escape my "funk" that has been lingering of late. In the last week or so, we've been lucky enough to see Jill, Julie, Juli and Lydia...meaning...we got to play with Alexandra, Abby, Sofia, and Oliver! Yay! Friend time was important before my little bundle arrived, but man do I realize how important it is now. Its so much easier to just be home and not have to worry about packing a diaper bag and blah, blah, blah...but staying is (semi, at least) regular contact with my lovelies is healthy for my heart and I need to keep it at its fittest in order to keep up with all the love I give (and get from!) Bridget. I'm like the Grinch...in the "heart kept growing and growing" sense, not the "one speck of food he left in the house was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse" sense :)


Such a fun Pi Phi playdate with Lydia/Oliver and Julie/Abby...Lydia brought both of my favorites: her DELICIOUS cookies and broccoli salad (that I devoured at least 1/2)



Happy hour at Nico's Cocina with another Juli friend and her gorgeous daughter Sofia. Sofia is entering the tantrum stage, so when she first screamed she must have scared B because B freaked. Then Sofia freaked. Then B freaked. I'm sure they loved us at the restaurant, but hey...when Mommy needs a margarita, not much can stop her!




Abby and B doing what they do best :)




Getting great giggles from Jill! It was on this visit that I officially decided B was entering the "stranger anxiety" phase...not my favorite phase thus far...maybe more unpleasant than our teething experience to this point :( but thankfully she warms up after a few minutes!



Mandy's not a mommy yet (maybe in a year or so???!!! we hope!) but I'm so glad we finally got to go visit her in Denton...and go to my favorite Denton spot: Sweetwater! Plus, can Bridget's face be any more hilarious in this picture?! One of my new favorites of her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment