Tuesday, October 9, 2012

National Night Out 2012

Last week our neighborhood put on the annual National Night Out Block Party and YIPEE I was actually able to go! We are a part of a really large subdivision, so our few square blocks hold a party together which makes things intimate but still very fun and festive. There was face painting (so grateful B doesn’t like her face painting! She was happy to have her hand done instead):

001002

Visits by the Citizens Patrol (handed out big bags of candy to the kids as well as Child ID kits to the parents), followed immediately by a representative from a nearby dentist office (bearing free toothpaste and brushes! I was tickled to see these two visitors walking around together!):

006

Then came a fun show by some City of Carrollton motorcycle cops! The kids all got a chance to hop on the bikes and push all the buttons. Bridget’s dream come true!

007012014016

The pot luck feast was delicious! I felt silly bringing my simple homemade rice crispy treats once I saw all the amazing dishes people brought to share. My favorite? The fried chicken!!! I crave it about once a year (same with steak) and had been jonesin’ for a few weeks at this point. One little drumstick sure did quench my thirst for crispy fried bird!

009

Next up was meeting the friendly firemen!

019020023

Can you see who’s driving?!

026

I had a great time spending the evening with my precious little family. No comment on how I felt when it was time for us to leave so I could make it to class on time. Let’s keep this post upbeat! Smile

027

No comments:

Post a Comment