Saturday, September 15, 2012

September 7th!

046

The big 3rd birthday started with Mommy’s first day as the Co-op parent at preschool. So fun! I did my best to bring a “healthy” cupcake for the celebration, and apparently the applesauce cupcakes were a hit. A preschool classroom is just about the happiest place on Earth!!!

072 (2)077 (2)080 (2)

After school we headed home for “rest” time, which usually means no nap. Of course, any day that I have something planned at 4pm she always decides to finally fall asleep at about 3:30. This day was no different, and she was not too pleased to be woken up for a birthday pic (I’m gonna save age comparison pics for another post).

041

Luckily for her, there was a surprise up next and no matter how much she tried to deny it, she was intrigued and curious to see what Mommy had planned…I didn’t tell her anything, but when we pulled up to the location she said, “look! let’s go to that pink place!”…mission accomplished!

113

I could go on and on about the joys of Let’s Pretend Tea Parties, but I am trying to be quick in getting this post up. Long story, SHE LOVED IT! I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves:

(getting dressed up!)

049055056063

(tea time with a cupcake!)

067070093 (2)

(having her “make-up” done)

068072079

(Mommy got to play, too!)

095090 (2)094 (2)

(a few more minutes of fun – she loved sharing the hour with another birthday girl)

096099104

(what happened when Mommy said “its time to leave” – good suggestion – book the last appointment of the day so you’re FORCED to leave!)

111

Though she would have been happy moving into the tea party place, she was comforted by the fact that we were leaving and heading straight up to Frisco to see Daddy at a school event:

116118

Then she and I headed home while Daddy finished up. She had a few more presents from family to open up:

103104 (2)107 (2)

And we saved our birthday song and final cupcake until Daddy was home to share with us. What a special day!

135145

I’m so thankful to live in an age where I have more than just memories in my min. I’m so thankful for this sweet video!

 

1 comment: