Friday, March 11, 2011

A reminder to be thankful!






I am so thankful for these people. And these people:

It's during times like these when devastating events are happening around the world that I'm reminded of how truly wonderful my life is and how thankful I am to have a healthy and happy family. While so many of us were sleeping last night, thousands of lives were changed forever by an event that no one could have stopped. Something like this could happen to any of us at any time and, while my heart hurts to all those lives affected by Japan's natural disaster, I will use this day to remind myself of all the amazing gifts I've been given and how I need to give thanks for each moment that I am allowed in this life. It certainly makes me want to run out of this office and grab my little one and hold her as tight as I can and shower her with kisses until she inevitably says, "Mommy!!!"...which means stop :).

Though Jonathan has had an incredibly busy couple of weeks at work and our time has been so limited, I am grateful to have a partner in life like him. When I woke up and immediately heard the news of the tsunami today, I thought about the 5 weeks Jonathan spent in Japan with the Glenn Miller Band a few months before we were married. For a split second, I felt the emptiness that I believe would have consumed me had a disaster like today's occured during his stay on the other side of the world. Thankfully, after a mere moment that fear was replaced with calm knowing that he was safely at work changing lives, as always. I'm reminded to cherish every moment with him as if it could be our last. This thought will definitely cause me to rethink our evenings of sitting in front of the TV watching meaningless shows about topics that mean nothing to our lives (now, I'm not saying I'm going to stop watching TV! But quality time it is not). It's time to start living life to the fullest. Though that's something I strive for each and every day, occasionally I need a shock to my system to remind me of this goal.

Snuggle extra close tonight. Tell your loved ones you love them. Enjoy every moment and be thankful for what you have! Love to you all :).


1 comment: