Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Late New Year’s!!!!

We returned from our Colorado trip on New Year’s Eve, meaning I didn’t have my normal good excuse to miss everyone New Year’s Eve parties. Have I mentioned that New Year’s is by far my least favorite holiday?? Sure, starting a new year is fun and exciting and refreshing and I enjoy thinking about resolutions and ways I can improve my life and the life of those around me better with a fresh start…but being forced to stay up past midnight? No thanks. Usually we’re still in CO over the holiday so we often fall asleep before midnight anyway. But when we’re home, there’s just too many invitations and you know how bad I am at saying “No” :).

This year we went over the Julie and Ryan’s and put Bridget down at her regular bedtime (well, it took an hour for her to fall asleep…darn you time changes!). I didn’t even bother to change clothes and put on makeup after our day of flying home. Blah. At least the girls looked cute in their PJs!

 IMG_0590   IMG_0595 IMG_0601

I was too darn tired to take any more pictures after the girls finally went down. Phew!

The next morning, we got up and enjoyed watching the Parade of Roses. Bridget LOVED seeing all the mounted cavalries! I think she’s going to love horses just like her mommy :)

We then walked next door to our new neighbors’ house to attend their New Year’s Day Brunch. It was so much fun seeing people from our sweet neighborhood and their adorable kiddos. Bridget was the youngest, but she managed to keep up pretty well:

IMG_0605 IMG_0607 IMG_0609 IMG_0611 IMG_0613

Did I mention the dress code for the brunch was strictly enforced? Comfy PJs required!

 

Here’s a pic of me and my little snuggly noodle in our cozy New Year’s PJs. Warms my heart!

IMG_0618

No comments:

Post a Comment