Monday, February 8, 2010

Yummy Vegetarian Chicken Enchiladas



Well, I forgot to take a good picture before my hungry self dove into these yummy guys. Oh well! They were delicious and tasted just like the real chicken ones I order at the mexican restaurants all the time. However, these were animal-friendly AND I knew exactly what was going into them...a real plus. Here's the low-down:

Ingredients:

corn tortillas
1/2 bag Quorn frozen diced chiken (the veggie stuff)
sour cream
1/3 c cream cheese
1/2 can red enchilada sauce
1/3 c salsa
shredded cheese to sprinkle on top
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 375. Spread 1/4 can enchilada sauce on bottom of greased cake pan. In mixing bowl, mix chicken, 1/2 of cream cheese, a little enchilada sauce, and 1/2 salsa. Fill corn tortillas with chicken mixture and lay, fold-side down, into cake pan. Mix sour cream (I used about 1/2 of a large container of low-fat sour cream), rest of cream cheese, a little shredded cheese, rest of salsa, and little enchilada sauce to create sauce. Spread evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, salt, and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!

Man...my stomach is growling just typing this. Why have I still not eaten dinner?! That's what happens on nights that the hubs has to work late :(

No comments:

Post a Comment