Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meatball subs and new babies :)

I'm sad that I don't get to post any pics for this entry, so it will be short and sweet. Last night, I was running low on pre-planned dinner ideas (and I was being lazy...shocker) and didn't feel like going to the store to re-stock. I'm getting really good and cooking with the things we have instead of thinking of what I want and going and getting it. But I digress...

I remembered some sub sandwich bread that was in the freezer as well as 1/2 a bag of italian flavored meatballs. I thought..why have we never made meatball subs?? A new favorite dinner was born! I baked the meatballs, heated the 1/2 jar of mushroom Prego from the fridge and toasted the bread. A little parmesan, Cavendar's, and french fries (yes, clearing things out) later...our mouths were watering! It was just right.

I'm pretty picky about veggie meats that are impersonating my favorite real meats. Meatballs are a long-time fav, but the Nate's (don't have the link) brand was a real winner! Usually we get VeggiePatch, but these new ones were yummier.

Bridget and I also got to see our new friend, Tenley, yesterday! She's the beautiful new daughter of two sweet friends of mine from UNT and I can't wait to see her again. Playdates begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment