Sunday, December 22, 2013

TTC #4: It’s Got Attitude (written June 5th)

*Turns out I DID write this post after all! Enjoy my musings on 6+ of trying to get pregnant*

 

Let’s lay a little bit of ground work with some back story:

We decided after 6 months of trying to conceive (TTC – to all internet trollers looking for info on infertility) that it was time to consult my OB. All I’d heard is to wait one year before seeking professional help. When I called to ask about appointments, I was offered a time for THE NEXT DAY. My OB said she was so glad I’d taken the initiative to call her sooner rather than later so I could get some peace of mind, at least. She said there were certainly tests she could run at this point in the process that would help determine our level of need in the area of fertility, and that she wished more of her patients would consult her at the 6 month mark instead of waiting a full year before admitting there was a problem. High five, Me!

Over the course of the next 3 months, we ran a bunch of tests (first on me, then on Jonathan) and – long story short – we were both in the clear on any possible fertility problems. Jonathan and I both tossed up some quality high fives with this news! Sure, we were relieved. But knowing there’s no problem didn’t solve our problem. Duh! I’m still not pregnant!

A few months later I called the doc back just to see if she had any other tips for us before we hit the big “one year” (when she’d officially concede to using the term “infertility”). She suggested an over the counter fertility hormone called Pregnitude. I laughed out loud when she told me the name! Her response to my laugh: “It’s got attitude!”

Dealing with end of the semester finals and preparation for summer meant I feel behind a few weeks in buying the product but when I’d gotten my period (again – ugh!!!) at the end of April, I just bit the bullet and ordered the stuff online. It arrived 3 days later.

We’ll see what happens! Not sure if it will even do anything for us because I don’t have any problems ovulating, according to my tests and Ovulation Predictor Kits…but I’m game for anything that might help before we are faced with big decisions at the end of the summer, should we still find ourselves as a family of three.

Here goes nothing!

iPhone love late Spring early Summer 2013 161

No comments:

Post a Comment