Saturday, December 21, 2013

Half way there? Are you kidding me?

So I think I might have mentioned in an earlier post that the comment, “doesn’t the pregnancy go by so fast” was not resonating with me at all. Well, that was then and this is now. We’re already over half way to the end of it! Ack! At least I’m doing a decent job of enjoying the honeymoon part of growing a baby. How fun is it to be belly cute during the holidays?!

I think it’s a combination of being WAY busier with work and school this time around + spending as much time as I possibly can doting on my 4 year old that I just don’t have the enthusiasm for weekly (that even makes me laugh that I managed weekly last time) belly pics. I cherish my photobook of our growing belly during Bridget’s pregnancy, but alas, this baby is 100% a second child already. At least I know he/she will have the necessities in life…but not the thousands of pics of him/herself doing absolutely nothing but being. It is what it is with the second one. C’est la vie, right?

Here’s a 20 week (nearly 21 weeks) shot I asked Jonathan to take this morning at our delicious breakfast with Santa. Hmmm…now to see if I can find a 20 week-er from B’s pregnancy…

bridget belly 20 weeksphoto (3)

Success! God bless you, old blog posts. But oh, I shudder at the pic from 2009! My hair! My fat arms! Oh well. I think I’ve managed to keep the weight gain down from last time, not that I care (but I don’t NOT care). I have a NY’s resolution to exercise at least once while pregnant. It’s a challenge I’m willing to consider accepting, even if it finds me sitting on the couch watching Say Yes to the Dress instead of doing that prenatal yoga video I’d planned.

Back on track -  I sure got a nice giggle out of looking back through the blog (those were pics that were lost in the infamous hard drive crash of 2011) from way back then seeing all the free time I had. Crafts! Home updates! Cooking adventures! Time for regular blog posts! Oh, old life. You make me laugh.

Tomorrow is the big gender reveal! I’m out on straight up parties for a gender reveal, so we’re just incorporating it into our already scheduled Adamo-Williams family cookie decorating party. I’m excited! Tonight we share the news with Bridget…looking forward to a good video of that reaction for posterity.

1 comment:

  1. You look SO FANTASTIC!! And I could NOT be more excited about the results of your gender reveal. I mean, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete