Sunday, November 25, 2012

EXTREME Thanksgiving!

So, it just so happened that I hosted my first Thanksgiving this year. Sure, I’d attended many…and planned our annual tailgate Thanksgiving at the Cowboys game for the last 6 years…but I’d never actually held it at my own home. As soon as I accepted the mission, my initial task was delegating the turkey to my father-in-law. Wise choice, me! Everything else easily fell into place from there.

As our football friends were at Disney this year and my parents were in Paris, we bailed on our traditional Turkey Trot morning. Though it holds a special place in my heart, we both knew we weren’t going to wake up at 6am to get our rears downtown if we weren’t having to meet the family there. Sleeping in was well enjoyed! Plus, that made it all Adamo, all the time for Thanksgiving 2012! We started the day off right with cinnamon rolls, mimosas and the Macy’s Parade…

094107

Then my helper and I started to work on the food (with Daddy as a nice distraction!)…

110101

A few sub par looking mini pies were perfect for taste testing…

112

The tables were set…

109122

Cowboys game was on (unfortunately, this year!)…

And we were ready to eat!

126123

It’s not a surprise that a toy room looking like this after 6 hours of unsupervised play…

133

Led to this at 10:15pm. Ah, holidays!

141137

The biggest sign to me that I was busy is that I didn’t even bother to pull our the “real” camera. Battery was fully charged and ready, but this hostess with the mostess was too ding dong tired to take a pic. Thankful for iPhones.

Cheers to you, Thanksgiving 2012!

1 comment:

  1. So impressed by your hostessing although not surprised...you are amazing, and I love your table scape! Looks like a successful Turkey Day!!

    ReplyDelete