Monday, June 6, 2011

My heart is full today!

So, I'm sitting here at my desk at the office trying to be inconspicuous as I write this post while I should be researching, transcribing, copying, organizing, etc. However, I just couldn't hold myself back from sharing a little bit about my morning today.

Summer classes begin this week for Kindermusik and I had the most fulfilling morning with my kiddos and parents today. Sure, I'd love to say I didn't have to work at all and could be with my Bridget all day everyday (not that doing so is all its cracked up to be, right?! Hard work!), but this Mommy has to bring home some bacon. Honestly, after such a wild weekend of activities I was not in the mood to prep for classes at all last night. I pouted about the house this morning, begrudgingly drove down to Coppell, rushed around to get things in order just in time for one of my mommies to show up early. Mondays! Agh!

I had a smaller group today for the baby class (only 4 little ones), two of which were with me in the Spring and two new ones. Well, let me just say that my heart was so full throughout the entire class while watching these mommies and babies bond together and experience a joy of music that will continue to grow and flourish in the days, weeks and years to come. One new mommy of a 6 month old little guy seemed a little flustered at the start, and who wouldn't be if your 6 month old already weighed nearly 20 pounds, was CRAWLING, and didn't sleep through the night?! We all kept giggling about how mobile and agile he already is, though Mom didn't seem to find it quite so giggle-worthy. Can you relate?? :) However, I told her in advance how much she'd love "Quiet Time" and let me just say that after that portion of class was over I noticed her wiping tears of joy from her eyes as she'd watched her sweet, precious son creep right over to Miss Anna, climb up into my arms, and smile and hug me while she enjoyed a few well-earned moments of relaxation. I almost broke down in tears of my own right then and there.

It's a precious gift I've been given to continue to use my talents, even though I'm no longer teaching full time. Sharing the joy of music with children has always been a passion of mine, and being a Kindermusik teacher allows me to do the same all the while also showing parents all the benefits of music for the growing and developing youngster. The sweet, exhausted young mother this morning was yet another glowing reminder of why I do what I do. I hope all of you are able to channel your special talents in such a rewarding and uplifting way.

Now on to bigger and better...I can't WAIT to go home and scoop up my own little glow worm and snuggle her for hours on end! Have I mentioned that she's in a total MOMMY phase right now? She doesn't even care to go to Daddy. It's Mommy, Mommy, Mommy all the time. Tiring? Of course. Do I love every minute? You bet! I know the tides will turn soon and the curtain will close on Mommy for a while so Act II (Daddy!!!) can be enjoyed. Look for more pictures then. It's really hard to take pictures of your sweet one when they refuse to be anywhere but your loving arms. More to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. This might be your best post yet! Thanks for sharing your stories, and for sharing your talents with us. It's so important to lift other moms up... it's a really tough job and sometimes just a few simple words go a LONG way. Way to go, Anna!!

    ReplyDelete